About Tim Blair
- I have been playing with computers since 1997.
- I still have a VB 5 book I bought in 1997.
- I have a Certificate of Completion for a Web Design course I completed in 1998
- In 2003 I started and ran a web hosting business.
- In 2005 I merged with another hosting company. We hosted web, game, and voice servers. After a couple years together we had our differences and I sold off my equipment.
- In 2005 I started working as a subcontrator for a host that provided shared hosting, co-location, and dedicated hosting in Equinix @ 350 E Cermak Ave. and CRG @ 427 LaSalle St.
- In 2007 I, along with a couple other friends, hosted a 55 person LAN party at a local hotel. This was a 24 hour event.
- In 2010 I started working at a warehouse where I manage all of the computer and network equipment.
- Everything I have learned up to this point has been self taught.
- In 2014 I returned to school to persue an Assosiate's Degree in Programming. I graduated with a 3.9 GPA
- In 2016 I started buys stocks for long holds.
- In 2020 I am starting to learn other stock strategies that will produce better returns than long holds on large caps.
- 1991-1994 -- Romeoville High
Romeoville IL. -- Electrical Courses
- 1995 -- Joliet Junior College
Joliet, IL. - GED Exam
- 2014-2017 -- Joliet Junior College
Joliet, IL. - Computer Programming Degree
- Course Work
- 1998 -- Web Design University
Graphic Web Design & Graphic Web Layout
- 1999 -- Pyrotronics Courses
Passed courses on MXL, PXL, SXL, and System 3.
- 2000 -- FCI University
Passed courses on FCI 7200 Fire-Vac, 7200, and the 7100
- 2010 -- Kantech
Passed courses on Kantech Access Control.
- 2016 -- CIW Certified
- 1998-2003 -- Fire Alarm Companies
IL. & IN. -- Worked for a handful of FA companies.
- 2003-2004 -- ACT
Downers Grove, IL. -- Comcast Subcontractor.
- 2004-2010 -- Camtronic Security
Home Office, IL. -- CCTV and Card Access Tech.
- 2005-2010 -- Gowebman
Home Office, IL. -- NOC Tech.
- 2010-Present -- Dart Warehouse
Naperville, IL. -- Sr. Director | IT and Data Security
Contact me and we can discuss future opportunities;
Contract, Part-Time, or Full-time.
- I have been building computers since 1998.
- I have been programming in Visual Basic since 1997; but wouldn't consider myself a programmer, yet.
- I have created several programs for Windows with VB.
- I have created a couple Android Apps.
- I have been creating websites since 1998, but usually stick to starting out with a template and going from there.
- I can create sites from scratch when needed.
- I am familiar with and use PHP.
- I can still provide web hosting at reasonable costs.